Garbanzo beans, sliced tomatoes and onion are chilled with a no-fuss dressing in this change-of-pace salad that comes from Barbara Carbee's kitchen. The Brooksville, Florida reader tosses together the refreshing medley right before serving.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add beans; toss to coat. Place tomatoes in a serving bowl. Top with onion. Sprinkle with basil and remaining salt and pepper. Top with bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss just before serving. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garbanzo Bean Tomato Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p56
Reviews for Garbanzo Bean Tomato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review