Garbanzo Bean Salad Recipe
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 121 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.