I received the greatest compliment when I took this salad to our daughter's preschool potluck...and came home this an empty bowl! I've given the recipe away many times over the years.
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Garbanzo Bean Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p53
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Garbanzo Bean Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review