- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Yield: 8-10 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now