Garbanzo Avocado Salad
This salad is so hearty I've often served it as the main course with soup and bread. It you're looking for a deliciously different salad, this recipe's for you!
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium avocados, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt,
- pepper sauce and pepper; pour over vegetables and toss. Refrigerate
- for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, add bacon and toss. Yield:
- 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 253 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 374 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g protein.