Game Day Brats Recipe
- 6 fully cooked bratwurst links
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 brat buns, split
- 1. Make a lengthwise slit three-fourths of the way through each bratwurst to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill with sauerkraut; top with dressing and cheese.
- 2. Place bratwurst in buns; wrap individually in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. x 10 in.). Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 594 calories, 38g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1395mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein
Reviews for Game Day Brats
"great with an ice cold beer"
"mary klug: The "onions" are sauerkraut - pickled cabbage, which is put into the brat then, the whole thing is wrapped in foil & cooked together."
"Do you grill the brats and onion together in the same foil?"