Game Day Brats Recipe
- 6 fully cooked bratwurst links
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 brat buns, split
- 1. Make a lengthwise slit three-fourths of the way through each bratwurst to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill with sauerkraut; top with dressing and cheese.
- 2. Place bratwurst in buns; wrap individually in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. x 10 in.). Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 594 calories, 38 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 1,395 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer