Game Day Brats Recipe
- 6 fully cooked bratwurst links
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 brat buns, split
- 1. Make a lengthwise slit three-fourths of the way through each bratwurst to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill with sauerkraut; top with dressing and cheese.
- 2. Place bratwurst in buns; wrap individually in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. x 10 in.). Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 594 calories, 38g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 1395mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Game Day Brats
"great with an ice cold beer"
"mary klug: The "onions" are sauerkraut - pickled cabbage, which is put into the brat then, the whole thing is wrapped in foil & cooked together."
"Do you grill the brats and onion together in the same foil?"