Looking for a twist on the usual tailgate fare? With French dressing and Monterey Jack cheese, these brats kick things up a notch! Instead of brats, you can also try this with cooked Italian sausage links, too. Laura McDowell — Lake Villa, Illinois
- 6 fully cooked bratwurst links
- 3/4 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 6 tablespoons French salad dressing
- 6 tablespoons shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 6 brat buns, split
- Make a lengthwise slit three-fourths of the way through each bratwurst to within 1/2 in. of each end. Fill with sauerkraut; top with dressing and cheese.
- Place bratwurst in buns; wrap individually in a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. x 10 in.). Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Game Day Brats in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p19
Reviews for Game Day Brats
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review