Recipe courtesy of Galbani Cheese
- 15 oz. Galbani® Ricotta cheese
- 8 oz. Galbani® Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb. Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jar 14 oz. tomato or marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, dried
- 1 Tbsp. oregano, dried
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups lasagna noodles, crumbled
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat the olive oil in a heavy skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat.
- 2. Add the sausage, onion and green pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sausage is browned and the vegetables are tender (about 5 to 7 minutes). Drain any excess fat.
- 3. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4. Add tomato sauce and water, stirring to combine. Heat through and set aside. In a small bowl combine parsley, oregano, ricotta, egg and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
- 5. Season with salt and pepper, stirring to incorporate.
- 6. Spread 1/3 of the sausage sauce on the bottom of a 10-inch ovenproof skillet (non-stick or cast-iron).
- 7. Top with 1/4 of the noodles, drop 1/3 of cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons on top of pasta.
- 8. Repeat and assemble two more layers, ending with noodles and sauce.
- 9. Spread thinly sliced mozzarella over the top and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
- 10. Cover tightly with foil. Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- 11. For a crispy top remove foil for the last 5 to 10 minutes.
- 12. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.
- 13. Sprinkle with fresh basil leaves.
- 14. Serve. Yield: 8 servings
Originally published as Galbani Skillet Lasagna in Galbani® Cheese 2017
Reviews for Galbani Skillet Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review