Gala Crab Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups cracked crabmeat or coarsely chopped imitation crab
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- Leaf lettuce
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Lemon slices or wedges, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the rice, crab, Miracle Whip, green pepper, onion and celery. Pack into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- 2. Unmold onto a bed of leaf lettuce. Garnish with parsley and lemon if desired. Yield: 4-6 main-dish or 12-14 side-dish servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 329 calories, 19 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 346 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.