Gala Crab Salad Recipe
My family thinks this dish is just super, and it looks so nice after it's unmolded. I've substituted shrimp for the crab, and it tastes just as good.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1-1/2 cups cracked crabmeat or coarsely chopped imitation crab
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- Leaf lettuce
- Fresh parsley, optional
- Lemon slices or wedges, optional
- In a bowl, combine the rice, crab, Miracle Whip, green pepper, onion and celery. Pack into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Chill for 6 hours or overnight.
- Unmold onto a bed of leaf lettuce. Garnish with parsley and lemon if desired. Yield: 4-6 main-dish or 12-14 side-dish servings.
Originally published as Gala Crab Salad in Country June/July 1993, p51
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Gala Crab Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review