Gail's Homemade Salsa
We invited friends over for dinner and forgot to purchase the salsa from the market. So I decided to try my hand at creating some of my own. It was a big success and everyone wanted the recipe. I hope you enjoy it, too!
28 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 can (28 ounces) peeled tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Cover and
- refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Yield: 7 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 18 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 225 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.