Gail's Homemade Salsa Recipe
- 1 can (28 ounces) peeled tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 cups.
1/4 cup: 18 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 225mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein .
Reviews for Gail's Homemade Salsa
"Great reviews from friends. I did use 28oz of petite cut tomatoes instead of the whole tomatoes you had to cut and remove the hard parts that were still in the tomatoes."
"My son and I love it!!! I'm not big on chunksChunks or hot and this has neither depending on how fine you chop your tomatoes. it makes a big batch. My son almost single handed ate it all within a week. As he is finishing it off he tells me we need more."
"Hands down the best salsa and most ingredients are in my pantry all the time. Great for kid's first time recipe!"
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.