We invited friends over for dinner and forgot to purchase the salsa from the market. So I decided to try my hand at creating some of my own. It was a big success and everyone wanted the recipe. I hope you enjoy it, too!
- 1 can (28 ounces) peeled tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 cups.
Originally published as Gail's Homemade Salsa in Country Extra July 1993, p47
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Gail's Homemade Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review