- 1 can (28 ounces) peeled tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine first eight ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 cups.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Fizz 56 Brachetto Italy N/V, sparkling and sweet with hints of raspberry and cherry. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Gail's Homemade Salsa
Sort By :
Great reviews from friends. I did use 28oz of petite cut tomatoes instead of the whole tomatoes you had to cut and remove the hard parts that were still in the tomatoes.
My son and I love it!!! I'm not big on chunks
Chunks or hot and this has neither depending on how fine you chop your tomatoes. it makes a big batch. My son almost single handed ate it all within a week. As he is finishing it off he tells me we need more.
Hands down the best salsa and most ingredients are in my pantry all the time. Great for kid's first time recipe!