Fuzzy Caterpillars Recipe
Kids and adults will all love this uniquqe way to prepare chicken. The coconut coating provides a crunch and the dip has a tropical flair. Using a food processor makes it easy to chop the cashews.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 50 min. + marinating Bake: 10 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces) pina colada yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup sesame ginger marinade
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cashews
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurts, peel and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cover and refrigerate.
- 2. Cut chicken into 30 thin strips. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine marinade and lime juice; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, combine coconut and cashews. In another shallow bowl, combine eggs and milk. In a third shallow bowl, combine flour and remaining salt. Drain and discard marinade from chicken.
- 4. Coat chicken with flour; dip into egg mixture, then roll in coconut mixture. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken strips in oil in batches for 2 minutes or until lightly browned, turning once.
- 5. Place a wire rack in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; place chicken on rack. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve warm with dipping sauce. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (1-1/3 cups sauce).
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC