"These colorful kid-tested treats for fast at bake sales," promises Debbie Brunssen, a mother of six from Randolph, Nebraska. "A cake mix really cuts your prep time," she adds.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, butter and egg. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows, M&M's and peanuts. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until the marshmallows begin to melt. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Fun Marshmallow Bars in Quick Cooking May/June 1999, p39
Reviews for Fun Marshmallow Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review