Fun Marshmallow Bars Recipe
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, butter and egg. Press into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows, M&M's and peanuts. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until the marshmallows begin to melt. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fun Marshmallow Bars(8)
Sort By :
Horrible cookie bar recipe! Had to substitute in a cake mix cookie recipe b/c the bar mixture was a dry, nasty mess that wouldn't spread!
Followed directions as written. You have to let the bars cool for several hours so the marshmallows set up. If you do that they won't stick to your knife or pull away from the cookie.
Followed recipe exactly and got really dry bars. Tried to cut but the marshmallow stuck and would come off the top of the bars. Bummer!
I followed the direction and was not happy with the results. I tried it again the next day...I followed the recipe from the box and the last minute or so...added the marshmallows(not too much) and m&m candies. It was delicious and tasty. I would definitely do it again--the way I did...follow the directions from the box...
I just made the cake mix as directed, baked for about 25 minutes (toothpick clean) then followed the topping instructions and few more minutes baking. Tasted great & not too sweet. My only complaint is that they are difficult to cut because the marshmallow sticks & the topping will separate from the cake. They taste awesome & look awesome when the topping stays put (or you lay it back on top). Fun!