Fun Fruit Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3/4 cup chopped peeled peaches or nectarines
- 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 package (3.78 ounces) curved chocolate slices (Swoops)
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, honey and mint. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Just before serving, place peaches in a large bowl; sprinkle with orange juice. Add the berries. Sprinkle with sugar; toss gently. Using a slotted spoon, transfer fruit to a serving bowl. Serve with yogurt sauce and chocolate slices. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup fruit with 2 tablespoons yogurt sauce and 3 chocolate slices equals 191 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.