Fun Fish Sandwiches
Kids will love these cute fish sandwiches, confirms Carolyn Schmeling of Brookfield, Wisconsin. And they’re such a cinch to shape, using a fish-shaped cookie cutter. If some of your party guests are picky eaters, cut out fish-shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches instead.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (21 ounces) frozen crunchy breaded fish fillets
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared ranch salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 12 slices white bread
- 6 slices process American cheese
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Prepare fish fillets according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch dressing, relish and
- garlic powder; spread over six slices of bread. Place two fillets on
- each slice.
- Top with cheese, lettuce and remaining bread. Using a 3-1/2-in.
- fish-shaped cookie cutter, cut two fish shapes from each sandwich.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Van de Kamp's frozen crunchy breaded fish fillets.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 609 calories, 38 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,342 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein.