Fondues are a hit at our gatherings. The younger crowd dips bread cubes, and the adults like fall fruits and veggies. Judy Batson, Tampa, Florida
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cubed French bread, sliced pears and assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; toss to combine. In a saucepan, combine cream, broth and honey; bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup cheese mixture; stir constantly until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing cheese to almost melt completely between additions. Continue stirring until thickened and smooth. Stir in lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture to a heated fondue pot; keep fondue bubbling gently. Serve with bread, pears and vegetables for dipping. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in a little additional broth. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Fun-do Fondue in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p82
Reviews for Fun-do Fondue
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 24, 2015
"Good one funtastic"