- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Jarlsberg cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cubed French bread, sliced pears and assorted fresh vegetables
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; toss to combine. In a saucepan, combine cream, broth and honey; bring just to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low. Add 1/2 cup cheese mixture; stir constantly until almost completely melted. Continue adding cheese, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing cheese to almost melt completely between additions. Continue stirring until thickened and smooth. Stir in lemon juice.
- Transfer mixture to a heated fondue pot; keep fondue bubbling gently. Serve with bread, pears and vegetables for dipping. If fondue becomes too thick, stir in a little additional broth. Yield: 3 cups.
Reviews for Fun-do Fondue
"Good one funtastic"
"This is so delicious !!!! I added white wine instead of chicken broth only because I did not have anymore chicken broth !!! The whipping cream and honey really makes this fondue !"
"This was a big hit at our Oktoberfest style dinner. The only thing I changed was to add some white wine instead of honey and lemon. Absolutely delicious-we dunked cubes of rye and sourdough bread as well as cut up bread pretzels."