Fun & Festive Cake Pops Recipe
Pop goes the party! No worries on who's cutting the cake; just serve and pop. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 cup prepared frosting of your choice
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Optional toppings: crushed peppermint candies, finely chopped cashews, unsweetened coconut, assorted sprinkles, finely chopped crystallized ginger, crushed gingersnap cookies, melted caramels and coarse sea salt
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 2. Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake balls are firm.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip each cake ball in coating; allow excess to drip off. Roll, sprinkle or drizzle with toppings of your choice. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cake pop (calculated without toppings) equals 213 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC