Fun & Festive Cake Pops
Pop goes the party! No worries on who's cutting the cake; just serve and pop. —Simple & Delicious Test Kitchen
48 ServingsPrep: 1 hour Bake: 35 min. + freezing
- 1 package cake mix of your choice (regular size)
- 1 cup prepared frosting of your choice
- 48 lollipop sticks
- 2-1/2 pounds dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white candy coating, coarsely chopped
- Optional toppings: crushed peppermint candies, finely chopped cashews, unsweetened coconut, assorted sprinkles, finely chopped crystallized ginger, crushed gingersnap cookies, melted caramels and coarse sea salt
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Crumble cake into a large bowl. Add frosting and mix well. Shape into
- 1-1/2-in. balls. Place on baking sheets; insert sticks. Freeze for
- at least 2 hours or refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until cake
- balls are firm.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip each cake ball in coating;
- allow excess to drip off. Roll, sprinkle or drizzle with toppings of
- your choice. Insert cake pops into a styrofoam block to stand. Let
- stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cake pop (calculated without toppings) equals 213 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 97 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.