With lean ground beef, four types of beans and lots of seasonings and toppings, this chili is truly "fully-loaded." But those aren't the only heavyweights in here; every serving provides a hefty 26 g protein and 11 g fiber. —Cynthia Baca, Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup crushed baked tortilla chip scoops
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, cook the beef, onion and pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the water, tomato sauce, beans, cocoa, hot sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Garnish each serving with 1 tablespoon each of sour cream, crushed chips and cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Fully Loaded Chili in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008, p33
Reviews for Fully Loaded Chili
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review