- the plums, dates and raisins. Cover with boiling water. Let flaxseed
- and plum mixtures stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light
- and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Beat in the applesauce, maple
- syrup and orange peel. Combine the oats, flours, baking soda,
- cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves; gradually add to creamed mixture
- and mix well. Drain plum mixture; stir plum mixture and flaxseed
- into dough.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto lightly greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 2
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Yield: 6 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 56 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.