My mom, Dolores Hartford, created these recipe with my daughter. Mom would have these cookies ready for Karissa whenever she came home from college.
—Dolores Hartford, Troy, Pennsylvania
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup each semisweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips and vanilla or white chips
- 1/3 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- 1/3 cup Reese's pieces candy
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to
- creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips and candy.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned
- around edges. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 253 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium,