- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, combine the zucchini, sugar and oil; stir into dry ingredients until blended. Stir in walnuts and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in sugar and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently. Cook and stir 1 minute or until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in chips and marshmallows until melted and smooth; add vanilla. Spread over brownies. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Zucchini Brownies
"Definitely more cakelike, but no matter what you call them, they are delicious. I peeled the zucchini and omitted the nuts."
"Mine turned out pretty cakey, but I will try the recipe again as it was tasty."
"No one can tell there's zucchini in this recipe! Made according to directions except I added chocolate chips to the top because I knew I wouldn't have time to frost them. They are perfect and I wouldn't change a thing. As a volunteer food editor for Taste of Home, I love trying recipes with new ingredients added. Recipe can be easily cut in half, time was only about 5 minutes less."
"These brownies come out moist and yummy. More cake like than fudgy but very good. No egg needed."