Fudgy Walnut Sauce Recipe
This rich sauce will satisfy any sweet tooth. It tastes great poured over pound cake or drizzled on scoops of ice cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate and butter; stir until melted. Remove from the heat.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg yolks. Whisk a small amount of the chocolate mixture into yolks. Return all to the pan; whisk until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and walnuts. Pour into jars; cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator. To serve, reheat in a microwave. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 182 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Walnut Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC