Fudgy Walnut Sauce
This rich sauce will satisfy any sweet tooth. It tastes great poured over pound cake or drizzled on scoops of ice cream.
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cream. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate and butter; stir until
- melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks. Whisk a small amount of the
- chocolate mixture into yolks. Return all to the pan; whisk until
- smooth. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and walnuts. Pour into jars;
- cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator. To serve, reheat in a
- microwave. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 182 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.