This rich sauce will satisfy any sweet tooth. It tastes great poured over pound cake or drizzled on scoops of ice cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a saucepan, combine sugar and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add chocolate and butter; stir until melted. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks. Whisk a small amount of the chocolate mixture into yolks. Return all to the pan; whisk until smooth. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and walnuts. Pour into jars; cool. Cover and store in the refrigerator. To serve, reheat in a microwave. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Fudgy Walnut Sauce in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p46
Reviews for Fudgy Walnut Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review