Fudgy Toffee Bars Recipe
Sweet treats always go over well in my family, especially during the holidays. We think these rich bars-dotted with walnuts, toffee bits, chocolate chips and coconut-are better than candy! They're nice to share with a group since one pan goes a long way.
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat milk and 1 cup chocolate chips over medium heat until chocolate is melted, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Pour filling over crust. Sprinkle with the walnuts, coconut, toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips; press down firmly. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 bar equals 238 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Toffee Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC