Fudgy Toffee Bars Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press firmly into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat milk and 1 cup chocolate chips over medium heat until chocolate is melted, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla.
- 3. Pour filling over crust. Sprinkle with the walnuts, coconut, toffee bits and remaining chocolate chips; press down firmly. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 238 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Toffee Bars
"My husband doesn't like nuts or coconut so I skipped those and the bars were still very good."