Fudgy Saucepan Brownies
"These fudgy brownies are easy to make and travel well," writes Janet Taylor from Mayville, New York. "If you bake them in a disposable foil pan for camping or taking someplace else away from home, you won't have to worry about getting your baking pan back."
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, sugar, flour, nuts,
- baking powder and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 16-20 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with
- confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.