Fudgy Saucepan Brownies Recipe
"These fudgy brownies are easy to make and travel well," writes Janet Taylor from Mayville, New York. "If you bake them in a disposable foil pan for camping or taking someplace else away from home, you won't have to worry about getting your baking pan back."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, sugar, flour, nuts, baking powder and vanilla.
- 2. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-20 minutes or until top is set. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 213 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC