Fudgy Raspberry Torte Recipe
Guests will think you fussed when you serve this three-layer torte made with convenient cake and pudding mixes, a bit of jam and fresh raspberries. It looks elegant for most any special occasion and always brings lots of compliments. -Dolores Hurtt, Florence, Montana
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup ground pecans
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.9 ounces) instant chocolate fudge or chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- Fresh raspberries
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Stir in ground pecans.
- Pour into three greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a saucepan, melt jam. Brush over the top of each cake.
- Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the pudding. Repeat layers. Top with third cake layer; spread top with whipped topping. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Garnish with raspberries. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Fudgy Raspberry Torte in Quick Cooking December 2000, p31
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Fudgy Raspberry Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review