Fudgy Pinwheel Cookies Recipe
These easy, good looking cookies are one of my favorites for the holiday season.—Ms. Maureen Devlin, Chandler, Arizona
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk flour, salt and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Roll dough between two sheets of waxed paper into a 12x10-in. rectangle; transfer to a baking sheet. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3. In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in walnuts, milk and vanilla. Remove top sheet of waxed paper; spread dough with filling. Using waxed paper to shape dough, roll up tightly jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- 4. Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut dough crosswise into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 cookie equals 125 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fudgy Pinwheel Cookies
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC