Fudgy Pecan Tartlets Recipe
"A friend sent me this recipe 25 years ago. I usually bake these tiny tarts for the holidays...but they are a hit any time of year," says Maggie Evans from Northville, Michigan. "They are easy to make, fudgy and moist-and everyone loves them."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 12 pecan halves
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until light. Gradually add flour, beating until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of miniature muffin cups coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For filling, in a bowl, combine the egg yolk, sugar, butter, milk and vanilla; gradually stir in melted chocolate. Fill tart shells three-fourths full. Top each with a pecan half.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned and filling is set. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
One tartlet equals 134 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 63 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC