- fold in remaining whites.
- Spoon into a greased and waxed paper-lined 9-in. springform pan. Bake
- at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out with moist crumbs. Cool on a wire rack. (Cake top
- will puff, then fall during cooling.) Gently push down top and sides
- of cake to even surface. Run a knife around edge of cake to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan; invert cake onto a plate and gently peel off
- waxed paper.
- For glaze, heat chocolate chips and cream in a microwave until
- melted; stir until smooth. Cool until slightly thickened. Spread a
- thin layer of glaze over top and sides of cake. Pour remaining glaze
- over cake; spread over top and sides, allowing glaze to drip down
- sides. Chill until glaze is set, about 30 minutes. Cut into wedges.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Editor’s Note: This cake uses only 2 tablespoons of flour, so the texture is very dense.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 432 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.