Fudgy Peanut Butter Cake
I clipped this recipe from a newspaper years ago. The house smells great while it's cooking. My husband and son enjoy this warm dessert with vanilla ice cream and nuts on top. —Bonnie Evans, Norcross, Georgia
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until
- well blended. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and
- baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended.
- Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in boiling
- water. Pour into slow cooker (do not stir).
- Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center of comes out clean. Serve warm with ice
- cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 348 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 160 mg sodium,