Fudgy Peanut Butter Cake Recipe
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the milk, peanut butter, oil and vanilla until well blended. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar, flour and baking powder; gradually beat into milk mixture until blended. Spread into a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cocoa and remaining sugar; stir in boiling water. Pour into slow cooker (do not stir).
- 3. Cover and cook on high for 1-1/2-2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 348 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Peanut Butter Cake
"Very good recipe, it worked well and the kids loved it. I would have liked a stronger peanut butter taste but that's me, maybe I will add some more PB next time. Whipped cream because we didn't have icecream, very good!"
"This was a delicious cake and so easy. Never made any cakes in a crock pot but this was very good."
"I made 1-1/2 recipe because my crock pot is larger than 1-1/2 qts. I used more peanut butter, but it still did not have a strong enough peanut butter taste. We all agreed that this was just okay. I will not make it again."
"This is fantastic! I followed the recipe, and it was a big hit. I'll definitely be making this again; it's the perfect dessert size for two adults and a kiddo on a busy week night!"
"I just LOVED this but it just made a tiny, tiny bit. I think it is made in a little bitty crock pot. Is that correct? What do I need to do to increase the recipe?"
"This makes a great dessert warm with ice cream yummyyy"
"I must have done something wrong....It smelled really good and toothpick came out clean, however when I went to cut into it; it was all soupy on the bottom...is that the way it's supposed to be? I cooked it in my mini (1qt) crock and it only has 1 setting for 2 hours....maybe that was the problem. I will have to try it again because what we did it was nummy!"
"So easy and so yummy! I love that I can put the kids to bed and my husband and I can enjoy this together. I have a larger crock pot (5 or 6 qts?). I 1 and 1/2 the recipe and it worked great. I also added a small handful of chocolate chips and added them between the two layers. There was a lot of melty chocolate, but that is the point, right? This is definitely on my do-again list :)"
"Could this be baked in an oven?"
"I've made this recipe since it came out in the mag . . . absolutely easy and delicious. Makes just enough for my family of four."
"This is nice !!"
"Very tasty! Peanut butter flavor is mild but it's a warm, gooey cake. Who can resist? I realized my crock pot was going to be too large for the recipe so I made it in the oven set at 200-225 degrees for about 2 hours. Topped with whipped cream, it was delicious! Next time, I would add more peanut butter to increase the PB flavor."