Fudgy Nut Coffee Pie Recipe
My mother served this pretty pie for my birthday dinner one year, and now it's one of my favorites. Fudge sauce, chopped pecans and coffee ice cream top the chocolate crumb crust. Sometimes I garnish the pie with dollops of whipped cream. -Amy Theis Billings, Montana
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 3 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream, butter, chocolate, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup fudge sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Freeze for 20 minutes or until set. Spread with half of the ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, drizzle remaining fudge sauce over pie and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 645 calories, 42 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC