Fudgy Nut Coffee Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 3 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream, butter, chocolate, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- 2. Spread 1/2 cup fudge sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Freeze for 20 minutes or until set. Spread with half of the ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, drizzle remaining fudge sauce over pie and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 645 calories, 42g fat (19g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 67g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Nut Coffee Pie
"Will make this pie for Mother's Day, I can already tell it is a winner by the ingredients.Bev Colorado Springs"