- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- Dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans, divided
- 3 pints coffee ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan, combine the confectioners' sugar, cream, butter, chocolate, corn syrup and salt. Cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool completely.
- Spread 1/2 cup fudge sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup pecans. Freeze for 20 minutes or until set. Spread with half of the ice cream. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Repeat layers. Cover and freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, drizzle remaining fudge sauce over pie and sprinkle with remaining pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fudgy Nut Coffee Pie in Taste of Home June/July 2004, p31
Reviews for Fudgy Nut Coffee Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 2, 2010
"Will make this pie for Mother's Day, I can already tell it is a winner by the ingredients.Bev Colorado Springs"