Fudgy Nut Brownies Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add sugar and salt; stir until dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in eggs, vanilla, flour and nuts.
- Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For topping, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. Melt white chocolate; cool slightly. Pour into a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe thin lines 1 in. apart widthwise. Beginning about 1 in. from a wide side, gently pull a toothpick through the lines to the opposite side. Wipe toothpick clean. Then pull toothpick through lines in opposite directions. Repeat over entire top at 1-in. intervals. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Nut Brownies
Sort By :
"DELICIOUS! I've been trying brownie recipes for years, looking for the perfect brownie. I think I'm done now--this is a winner! We like our brownies without frosting, so I did not try the topping. I used walnuts--just because I had them. I'm sure I'll make these again SOON!!"