Fudgy Nut Brownies Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1. In a heavy saucepan or microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Add sugar and salt; stir until dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes. Stir in eggs, vanilla, flour and nuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs (do not overbake). Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. For topping, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening in a heavy saucepan or microwave; stir until smooth. Spread over brownies. Melt white chocolate; cool slightly. Pour into a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in corner of bag. Pipe thin lines 1 in. apart widthwise. Beginning about 1 in. from a wide side, gently pull a toothpick through the lines to the opposite side. Wipe toothpick clean. Then pull toothpick through lines in opposite directions. Repeat over entire top at 1-in. intervals. Cut into bars. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 206 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 92mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Nut Brownies
"DELICIOUS! I've been trying brownie recipes for years, looking for the perfect brownie. I think I'm done now--this is a winner! We like our brownies without frosting, so I did not try the topping. I used walnuts--just because I had them. I'm sure I'll make these again SOON!!"