Fudgy No-Bake Cookies
Peanut butter and chocolate are a perfect combination. My cookie recipe can be changed to suit your sweet tooth. Try adding almond or mint extract. These cookies make a fun garnish for ice cream, too.—Beth Brown, Naples, Florida
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa; add butter and milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil
- for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in oats, coconut, peanut
- butter and vanilla.
- Let stand until the mixture mounds when dropped by tablespoonfuls
- onto waxed paper. Cool until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 311 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 118 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.