Peanut butter and chocolate are a perfect combination. My cookie recipe can be changed to suit your sweet tooth. Try adding almond or mint extract. These cookies make a fun garnish for ice cream, too.—Beth Brown, Naples, Florida
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa; add butter and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in oats, coconut, peanut butter and vanilla.
- Let stand until the mixture mounds when dropped by tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper. Cool until set. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Fudgy No-Bake Cookies in Country Woman May/June 2002, p39
Reviews for Fudgy No-Bake Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review