- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a microwave, melt 8 tablespoons butter and unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Gradually stir in flour.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until top is set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining butter until fluffy. Add cornstarch; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and remaining egg. Beat in extract and food coloring if desired.
- Pour over crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted. Cool for 30 minutes or until lukewarm, stirring occasionally. Pour over cream cheese layer. Chill for 2 hours or until set before cutting. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Mint Squares
Sort By :
"Every time I make these the top comes off & the bottom is too cooked!! What the heck am I doing wrong? I will not give up on these for they are just too good!! The first time I made these they were a mess but the got eaten, & those who ate them said 'mess or not they are the very good'. I bake for a living so if anyone can help me with these, I would appreciate it. Thank You!!"
"Made it for the chocolate lovers in my office a couple of years ago and they raved about it. It's simple, but looks elegant. I moved recently and misplaced my recipe, so was glad to be able to replace it."
"These were great! I disagree with peeweemow, i think just a drizzle of the ganache wouldnt be enough!"
"this was sooo good. only thing i would change for next time....cause there WILL be a next time... is use a drizzle of the ganash top. the recipe makes it a little too rich. but all in all it was awsome."
"Josie168....by all means....yes you can! These are awsome!"