Fudgy Mint Squares Recipe
- 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a microwave, melt 8 tablespoons butter and unsweetened chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a small bowl, beat 2 eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat in chocolate mixture until blended. Gradually stir in flour.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until top is set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining butter until fluffy. Add cornstarch; beat until smooth. Gradually beat in milk and remaining egg. Beat in extract and food coloring if desired.
- Pour over crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small heavy saucepan, combine chocolate chips and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until chips are melted. Cool for 30 minutes or until lukewarm, stirring occasionally. Pour over cream cheese layer. Chill for 2 hours or until set before cutting. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Mint Squares(7)
Sort By :
Made it for the chocolate lovers in my office a couple of years ago and they raved about it. It's simple, but looks elegant. I moved recently and misplaced my recipe, so was glad to be able to replace it.
These were great! I disagree with peeweemow, i think just a drizzle of the ganache wouldnt be enough!
this was sooo good. only thing i would change for next time....cause there WILL be a next time... is use a drizzle of the ganash top. the recipe makes it a little too rich. but all in all it was awsome.
Josie168....by all means....yes you can! These are awsome!
Could you use a boxed brownie mix as a base instead of making the bottom layer from scratch?
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bar Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Bar Recipes >
- Chocolate Bars >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >