Fudgy Mint Cookies Recipe
Chocolate lovers will get a double dose with this tender cake-like cookie and its chocolate mint middle. The cookies are especially popular served alongside a big scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream! —Renee Schwebach, Dumont, Minnesota
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) chocolate-covered thin mints
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, butter, eggs and water to form a soft dough. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 2. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately press a mint into center of each cookie. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
1 cookie equals 102 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC