Fudgy Mint Cookies
"Field editor Renee Schwebach of Dumont, Minnesota says chocolate lovers will get a double dose with this tender cake-like cookie and its chocolate mint middle. “They‘re especially popular served alongside a big scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream!“ she says.
40 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) chocolate-covered thin mints
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, butter, eggs
- and water to form a soft dough. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll
- in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately press a mint into center
- of each cookie. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 102 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.