- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) chocolate-covered thin mints
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, mix cake mix, butter, eggs and water to form a soft dough. Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Immediately press a mint into center of each cookie. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Mint Cookies
"I don't usually make cake mix cookies as we prefer from scratch. But I tried these, and the family really enjoyed them.... they are super easy to make and give the great peppermint chocolate combination we love"
"I made these cookies today for Christmas - the recipe was very easy and they came out perfectly and look just like the photo - they taste great, too !"
"I had prepared these cookies when the recipe first appeared in the Dec/January 2006 Taste of Home Issue and I made adjustments on the recipe: I added 1 tsp. mint extract, 1 package (3.9-oz.) chocolate pudding mix, 1 to 1--1/2 cups confectioner's sugar, & I used either York or Pearson's mint patties. I greased the baking sheets! For me, this works-I find that it's easier for me to remove the cookies from the baking sheets! I plan to use this recipe again and in a pinch that I don't have regular devils's food cake mix, I've used either dark chocolate or either Super-Moist or Pillsbury Moist Supreme devil's food or dark cake mix! I omit the chocolate pudding mix when I use the Super-Moist or Pillsbury Moist Supreme as they have pudding in the cake mix! Thank you, Renee Schwebach, for sharing this recipe! delowenstein"
"I'm going to make these for Christmas, but will try using the Hershey's kisses mint flavor in the green bag, instead of peppermint patty candy. I would guess they will have to be a little smaller, because individual kisses are smaller than peppermint pattys"
"My husband will be in **heaven** when he finds a cookie tin under the Christmas tree filled with these cookies in, just for him!! Thank you for sharing recipe Renee."