Fudgy Ice Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze for 2-1/2 hours.
- 2. Sprinkle peanuts over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Spread with whipped topping (pan will be very full). Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- 3. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Serve with hot fudge topping. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 each: 536 calories, 31g fat (13g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 351mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Ice Cream Dessert
"This tastes like a Dairy Queen Buster Bar! It was so easy and so GOOD! We're not fans of whipped topping so I eliminated that. I made my own homemade fudge topping and covered the dessert with it and froze that too."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.