Fudgy Ice Cream Dessert
Jenny Haen from Red Wing, Minnesota tops a rich chocolate cookie crust with vanilla ice cream, peanuts and fudge topping to create this frosty dessert. Assemble it and keep it in the freezer to please a crowd any time of year.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly. Set
- aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream
- over crust. Cover and freeze for 2-1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle peanuts over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Spread
- with whipped topping (pan will be very full). Sprinkle with reserved
- crumb mixture. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes
- before serving. Cut into squares. Serve with hot fudge topping.
- Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 516 calories, 30 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 378 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a