Jenny Haen from Red Wing, Minnesota tops a rich chocolate cookie crust with vanilla ice cream, peanuts and fudge topping to create this frosty dessert. Assemble it and keep it in the freezer to please a crowd any time of year.
Recommended: 30 Desserts Made in a 13x9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (15-1/2 ounces) Oreo cookies, crushed
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped salted peanuts
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed
- In a large bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter until crumbly. Set aside 1/2 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 30 minutes. Spread ice cream over crust. Cover and freeze for 2-1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle peanuts over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 1 hour. Spread with whipped topping (pan will be very full). Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- May be frozen for up to 2 months. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares. Serve with hot fudge topping. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Fudgy Ice Cream Dessert in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p17
Reviews forFudgy Ice Cream Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review