Crunchy on the outside and cake-like on the inside, these chocolaty treats won’t last long, even with just the two of you! “I make them for my grandkids, too” notes Jill Duncan of Schriever, Louisiana.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12 balls. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-18 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Fudgy Cocoa Drops in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006, p35
Reviews for Fudgy Cocoa Drops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review