- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground almonds
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in almonds. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough into 12 balls. Place 2 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 13-18 minutes or until set and tops are cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Cocoa Drops
"Like a few others, I didn't have ground almonds but made the cookies anyway. Warm from the oven these cookies are delectable and easily earn 5 stars, however, they quickly lose their brownie-like texture once they've cooled. I will likely make them again but next time I will reduce the baking time to a maximum 12 minutes as my oven runs hotter than most."
"LOVED this recipe! I didn't have any type of nut so I just left it out. I ate it while it was still warm and it was so chocolaty and gooey! I will definitely be making these again in the near future!"
"I don't know what I did wrong but these turned out flat and not cake like at all!"
"Yummy, Love chocolate, easy to make."
"This is an amazing cookie! It's my husbands new favorite chocolate recipe. We didn't have almonds so I used peanuts and we loved it. Will have to make a double or triple recipe next time so we might have some for the next day."