Fudgy Chocolate Dessert Recipe
With a cake-like brownie bottom and layers of chocolate and hot fudge, this scrumptious treat is a chocolate lover’s dream. “It’s my most requested recipe,” Bonnie Bowen confirms from Adrian, Michigan.
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups cold fat-free milk
- 2 packages (1.4 ounces each) sugar-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4 cup fat-free hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup fat-free caramel ice cream topping
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin (mixture will be thick). Spread evenly into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 4. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pudding; beat until well blended. Spread over cake. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 5. Just before serving, spread whipped topping over dessert. Drizzle with fudge and caramel toppings; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 20 servings.
1 piece equals 200 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC