Fudgy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a microwave, melt four four ounces of chocolate; cool to room temperature. Coarsely chop remaining chocolate; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cooled chocolate; beat until blended. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and chopped chocolate.
- 3. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm and tops are cracked. Let stand for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 9 cookies.
1 each: 181 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fudgy Chocolate Cookies
"I'm not sure what happened, but this turned out awful for me! I followed the directions exact and the batter was very runny, like cake batter. There is no way I could even scoop anything out, it would have just spread out on the pan into a tin cake-like layer. I dumped it and was sad to leave my chocolate craving unfulfilled. :("
"Super easy and yummy cookies. I used mini semi-sweet chocolate chips so didn't need to chop anything plus I always have chopped pecans ready to use in our freezer so this recipe was a snap to make. I did bake them for 14 minutes to get the right texture but I was bakng on stoneware,"
"Wow!! These were so quick and easy to make, but they are FANTASTIC! They have an amazing texture - chewy like a brownie, yet crisp on top. Truly, one of the best cookies I've ever baked. Everyone raved, so this one is a keeper for years to come. Thank you for sharing! (Oh - and these are also great with toffee bits added.:))"