Fudgy Chocolate Cookies Recipe
Folks who love brownies will enjoy these fudgy treats from Miriam Miller of Thorp, Wisconsin. The recipe makes less than a dozen large cookies that are chock-full of pecans and chocolate chunks.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a microwave, melt four four ounces of chocolate; cool to room temperature. Coarsely chop remaining chocolate; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cooled chocolate; beat until blended. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and chopped chocolate.
- 3. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm and tops are cracked. Let stand for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 9 cookies.
1 serving (1 each) equals 181 calories, 14 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC