- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt four four ounces of chocolate; cool to room temperature. Coarsely chop remaining chocolate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cooled chocolate; beat until blended. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and chopped chocolate.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm and tops are cracked. Let stand for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 9 cookies.
Reviews for Fudgy Chocolate Cookies
"I'm not sure what happened, but this turned out awful for me! I followed the directions exact and the batter was very runny, like cake batter. There is no way I could even scoop anything out, it would have just spread out on the pan into a tin cake-like layer. I dumped it and was sad to leave my chocolate craving unfulfilled. :("
"Wow!! These were so quick and easy to make, but they are FANTASTIC! They have an amazing texture - chewy like a brownie, yet crisp on top. Truly, one of the best cookies I've ever baked. Everyone raved, so this one is a keeper for years to come. Thank you for sharing! (Oh - and these are also great with toffee bits added.:))"