Folks who love brownies will enjoy these fudgy treats from Miriam Miller of Thorp, Wisconsin. The recipe makes less than a dozen large cookies that are chock-full of pecans and chocolate chunks.
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped and divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a microwave, melt four four ounces of chocolate; cool to room temperature. Coarsely chop remaining chocolate; set aside.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cooled chocolate; beat until blended. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans and chopped chocolate.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until firm and tops are cracked. Let stand for 2 minutes before carefully removing to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 9 cookies.
Originally published as Chewy Chocolate Cookies in Quick Cooking July/August 2004, p12
Reviews for Fudgy Chocolate Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review