Fudgy Chocolate Balls Recipe
These cookies may be small, but every bite is packed with big chocolate flavor. I sometimes dip the tops of the cookies in the frosting instead of spreading the frosting on top.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg plus 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg and egg yolk. Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture. Gradually add flour to chocolate mixture.
- 2. Roll into 3/4-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in the sugar, vanilla and enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Frost cooled cookies. Yield: 5 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 111 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC