- prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch until
- smooth; beat in egg and vanilla. Gently spread over chocolate layer.
- Drizzle caramel topping over cream cheese layer in vertical lines
- about 1 in. apart. Use a toothpick to draw right angles across the
- drizzled lines, about 1/2 in. apart.
- Bake at 325° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack
- for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 1 hour before removing from pan. Discard
- waxed paper. Cut with a 3-in. x 1-in. crescent-shaped cookie cutter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 20 bars.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bar equals 309 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.