This is a very simple and delicious recipe. These brownies are so rich and moist they remind me of fudge. I especially enjoy eating them straight from the freezer!
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- COCOA FROSTING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup milk
- In a large bowl, beat melted butter and cocoa until smooth. Beat in sugar and flour. Beat in eggs.
- Pour into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for frosting, in a small bowl, beat together all the ingredients until smooth. Cool brownies on a wire rack for 15 minutes before frosting. Cool completely. Cover with foil; freeze until firm. Serve frozen or thawed. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Fudgy Brownies in Country Extra July 1993, p49
Reviews for Fudgy Brownies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review