- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-inch x 9-inch pan size)
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 to 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons cold 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate fudge frosting
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, butter, peanut butter, milk and pudding mix until smooth. Spread over brownies. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm. Frost with chocolate fudge frosting just before cutting. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Fudgy Brownies with Peanut Butter Pudding Frosting
"Very good. I don't understand why people rate the recipe a 1 star if they haven't even made it. You're taking any interest in the recipe because people see low ratings."
"These were really good but the top layer of chocolate is to sweet. The peanut butter middle layer makes a great topping to the brownies all by itself."
"I've made these several times when I have volunteered to supply refreshments for clubs. They never fail to get rave reviews. Instead of using canned frosting, I top the bars with a mixture of 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips and 3 to 4 T vegetable oil heated over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread this over the peanut butter layer then chill until top layer is set. Allow to warm at room temperature briefly before cutting into serving size pieces."
"Made these bars for a housewarming party, they were very rich but went over very well. I wish I had doubled the peanut butter layer, made a very thin layer. Would make these again!"